Sometimes, you might need to leave your current home before your new property is ready for you to move in, and that means you’ll need to find somewhere to store your belongings. If you’re lucky, you may be able to ask a friend or family member to keep hold of your stuff for a short space of time, but that may not be possible if you have lots of belongings or need to store things for a number of weeks or even months. Fortunately, storage units are affordable and secure, providing the perfect place to store your belongings until you can take them to your new home.
There are many storage units in Perth to choose from, and you shouldn’t necessarily pick the one closest to your home. While the location is a factor you need to take into consideration, picking a unit that boasts a number of security features and easy access is crucial. The best companies will also recommend insurance providers to give you extra peace of mind, and they offer competitive prices for the use of their facilities.
A2B storage in Perth is a popular choice because of the great location of the company’s facility and maximised security. To help you get the most out of your unit, this article will offer 10 tips that you need to know.
Top Tips for Using Storage Units
Here are 10 must-know tips for making the most of your storage space.
- Choose a good location – While the location isn’t everything, it’s still important to choose a facility that you can reach with relative ease.
- Consider unit size carefully – You don’t want to pay too much for unnecessary space, but you need to make sure you have enough room for your belongings.
- Plan how you’ll transport your belongings – You might want to find a company that can pick up your belongings to make transportation simple.
- Take furniture apart – It’s important to break large items down as much as possible to save space.
- Label your boxes – To make sure things are easy to find, it’s a good idea to label all of your boxes clearly.
- Tape the doors shut – You should tape the doors shut on the likes on fridges and cupboards to make sure they don’t swing open while being transported.
- Load the largest items first – After loading large items, make sure they’re secure so they don’t sustain any damage.
- Stack boxes by weight – Always put the heaviest boxes into your storage unit first so lighter items don’t become damaged.
- Make sure you have room to walk around – You’ll need to have enough space to walk around your unit.
- Seal boxes properly – You don’t want dust or insects to be able to reach your belongings.
Storage Units are an Invaluable Asset
As long as you choose a unit that ticks all the boxes and you know how to use it efficiently, your storage unit will prove to be a huge asset when you’re moving to a new home. Just make sure you only trust the very best facilities that boast numerous security features.